Dear Church Leaders,
I greet you all in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, on behalf of the Youth Rally Choir of the Alabama Baptist State Congress of Christian, where the Rev. Dr. C. Michael Washington serves as President and Mrs. Alberta Perry serves as Youth Department Director. It is my hope and prayer that you and your loved ones have remained safe and healthy throughout this COVID-19 pandemic. This time last year, we were all rocked by uncertainty and were unsure about how to move forward. It is extremely important to me that the health of our youth come first in all aspects. Which is why, in following President Washington’s decision for the 2021 Congress to virtual again, we have decided to incorporate the first ever Youth Rally Virtual Choir.
The virtual choir effort came about as a way to give our youth the opportunity to still play a major part in the upcoming State Congress, while remaining safe from COVID-19. While this is an exciting effort, this will also be a unique effort. It is because we are doing a virtual choir, that we will begin sending out songs as early as April 26th. Along with five (5) songs, participants will also receive rehearsal videos (personalized for their part), instrumental tracks (to be used to record), and song lyrics. This information can be obtained by emailing me at email@example.com with typing “Youth Rally 2021” in the subject line OR by going to www.facebook.com/groups/youthrally2021.
- You will need TWO DEVICES. (One device to play the audio track and one device to record yourself singing) and will submit TWO RECORDINGS (One audio recording & One video recording).
- Please use headphones (wireless or wired) for the audio device that will be playing the track.
- The audio and video recording you submit should NOT have the music playing—only you singing your specific part.
- Please video record in a well-lit area.
- Do NOT record as a group. These videos should be individually done.
- Please wear BLACK and WHITE when video recording.
- Submit your audio and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are asking that all AUDIO be submitted no later than Monday, June 28th at 11:59pm CDT and all VIDEO be submitted no later than Friday, July 9th at 11:59 CDT. Submit all materials to email@example.com. I am extremely excited and hopeful as we, yet again, step into another area of innovation. Please do not hesitate to contact me at (334) 412-7807 or by email if you have any questions or need any assistance.
Collins Pettaway, III
Youth Rally Choir Director
Alabama Baptist State Congress of Christian Education